VITAL VOICES MIAMI
Volunteer Committee | Global Mentoring Walk 2022
Location: Remote work with access to technology to enable this & on-site work in Miami.
Status: minimum of 4 hours per week from October 2021 to March 31st 2022 (6 months), with a higher load during the 6 weeks previous to the event.
Would you like to make an impact on young women, students and entrepreneurs through an incredible mentoring event? Would you like to share your time and talent to create an inspiring experience for high-potential leaders and contribute to women empowerment all around Latin America and the U.S.? Would you like to be a part of a life changing non-profit organization that allows you to positively impact the community?
WHO WE ARE:
Vital Voices Miami is the chapter of Vital Voices Global partnership, the leading non-governmental organization that identifies, trains and empowers emerging women leaders and social entrepreneurs around the globe, enabling them to create a more equitable world.
Vital Voices Miami is an independent organization that shares Vital Voices’ vision and mission, embodying the “pay it forward” principle and it’s program is conducted through WE Evolution, 501 c (3) organization based in South Florida, whose mission is empowering women from within. Aligned with the mission of Vital Voices, we conduct independent programming and fundraising, establishing strategic partnerships and dynamic networks of women leaders. We believe that mentoring is a critical activity to empower women to succeed as leaders and to create opportunities at a local scale.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The call is open for active and generous women who are willing to donate their time and energy to contribute to the organization and logistics of the 7th edition of the Vital Voices Miami Global Mentoring Walk 2022. The event will be held in a hybrid format, on-site (Miami) and online (via Zoom). There are several types of roles that you can sign up for, taking into account your different abilities and strengths.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLES:
- GENERAL COORDINATOR: In direct contact with Maria Gabriela Hoch (Founder & CEO WE | VVM). With responsibility for leading the committee.
- HEAD OF MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA: Think and execute communication and advertising strategies before and after the event.
- HEAD OF LOGISTICS: Have a permanent control of the execution of the event, times and links between the parties involved.
- HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS: Promote and ensure permanent and efficient communication with institutions involved, sponsors, volunteers and the organization; as well as public and journalistic communications for publicity and official announcements of the event.
- HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS: Organize fundraising & boost Strategic Alliances.
- MENTEES COORDINATOR: Contact with universities, entrepreneurs, call for young women.
- MENTORS COORDINATOR: Call for mentors and established women leaders willing to share their experience and guide other women towards personal and professional success.
QUESTION & ANSWERS
Can I join the committee at any time during the project?
Yes, although it would be better if you could join us as soon as possible. There are many things to do and we can’t wait for you to share your talents with us!
Can I help if I don’t picture myself in any of the roles?
If you do not find a role that fits your skills, do not hesitate to write to us and comment on them and your possible contribution to the event, all participation is appreciated.
And what do I earn by participating as a volunteer?
Beyond the joy of contributing to building a fairer world with empowered women leaders, you will be having a great experience of volunteering together with women from all over the world. In addition, an invaluable network of contacts awaits you to propel your own professional career and personal life to the next level. You will also be joining an organization made up of and for women, a safe space where you can learn and empower yourself through our programs and initiatives all over the year. And last but not least, we assure you that you will be having an incredible time!
How can I enroll?
Please fill out the form so that we can meet and contact you regarding the role you are interested in: https://forms.gle/Jb2nrsedfwoLRYWr8
Maria Gabriela Hoch